Hot tubs can be wonderful places to enjoy yourself and relax as you are pampered by warm water and bubbles. When you are away, though, you don’t want your tubs to be left uncovered as this can result in bugs and debris getting into them.
This is why having the best hot tub covers is important. You should ensure that you get the right tub cover for your hot tub and there are many models on the market today.
Therefore, you need to know “what is the best hot tub cover on the market?” by going through their different features. That’s why we have reviewed the top 10 hot tub covers on the market today.
Table of Contents
- 1 Editors’ Top 10 Pick: Hot Tub Covers Reviews
- 1.1 1. MySpaceCover Hot Tub Cover and Spa Cover Replacement
- 1.2 2. Covermates Round Hot Tub Cover
- 1.3 3. EmpirePatio P9A17TN1 Square Hot Tub Cover Cap
- 1.4 4. The Cover Guy Standard Replacement Hot Tub Spa Cover
- 1.5 5. Intex PureSpa Deluxe Cover
- 1.6 6. Replacement Spa Cover
- 1.7 7. Hinspergers PROSC100100 Protecta Spa Cover
- 1.8 8. Pool Spa Part Spa Cover Cap and Hot Sun Shield
- 1.9 9. Covermates Square Hot Tub Cover
- 1.10 10. BeyondNice Round Hot Tub Covers
- 2 Hot Tub Covers FAQs
- 3 Final Verdict
Editors’ Top 10 Pick: Hot Tub Covers Reviews
Our editors did thorough research and came up with a list of the top 10 hot tub covers for 2019.
Read more: Best robotic pool cleaners
1. MySpaceCover Hot Tub Cover and Spa Cover Replacement
MySpaceCover Hot Tub Cover is one of the most trusted and largest tub covers on the market today. It comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee to provide you with confidence when replacing your hot tub cover.
The cover is custom made to ensure that it fits your tub perfectly. You can request for any shape and size of up to 96×96 inches with different colors. And the model is made of high-quality material that includes 30oz marine quality vinyl as well as energy efficient virgin EPS lining material.
Its seems are double stitched to ensure that you get a long-lasting cover that will last you for decades. This cover saves up to $80 per year in terms of energy.
- Comes with a 5 years warranty.
- Saves you energy bills.
- Quality construction.
- Takes long to order a customized cover.
2. Covermates Round Hot Tub Cover
Another hot tub cover that will keep debris and bugs out of your tub is the Covermates Round Hot Tub Cover. It comes with a 3 years manufacturer warranty that shows you can count on it to last for long.
The cover is made to fit a tub of 80 x 14 inches, and its actual size is 81 x 14 inches. What this means is that you can expect it to fit perfectly without needing a lot of energy when installing it.
Moreover, it is made of high-quality material of 300D stock-dyed polyester that makes it stronger to last longer. The cover also has an adjustable drawcord that ensures the cover is tight when on your hot tub.
It also boasts of an elastic hem around the base that ensures the ideal fit.
- Fits perfectly on round tubs.
- It is made of high-quality material.
- Able to keep up dirt.
- Not the best for insulating.
3. EmpirePatio P9A17TN1 Square Hot Tub Cover Cap
The P9A17TN1 is a huge cover that measures 14 x 94 x 94 inches, making it ideal for fitting tubs of these measurements. It is made of durable, weather-friendly 600 denier polyester that ensures your cover last for years.
Perfect for snow, this cover is recommended for both indoor and outdoor uses and won’t be affected by cold weather. Another feature of the cover is the UV feature that protects it from the harmful sun rays.
The model comes with an elegant neutral tan color that allows your hot tub to blend in the environment easily. It is also one of the most affordable hot tub covers on the market today, and its installation process is also easy.
- Perfect for cold and hot weather.
- Comes in stunning color.
- Very affordable model.
- Light fabric that tears easily.
4. The Cover Guy Standard Replacement Hot Tub Spa Cover
Custom made to fit your hot tub like a glove; you will be contacted when you make your order to provide the dimensions of your tub. Thus, you can rest assured that you will get a cover that will fit perfectly on your hot tub.
It comes with a clever design that saves you energy to reduce your hitting bills. Besides, it is made of high-quality marine-grade vinyl and quality foam to lock in the heat and maintain the warmth. Besides, it is ideal for winter use and will allow ice, snow and rain to ruin off with ease.
Thanks to the high-density foam, the model can keep the debris out of your hot tub, and it has 4 lockable ties to prevent your kids from entering the tub. It also has a 7 years warranty that will give you peace of mind.
- A long term warranty.
- Keeps ice, snow, and water out.
- Able to lock.
- A bit costly.
5. Intex PureSpa Deluxe Cover
This cover is recommended for 77 inches round pure spas and hot tubs. It can fit these gears perfectly to keep out debris and bugs from your tub and keeps the water warm.
Another thing, it can improve the energy efficiency of your tub by preventing the cold weather from affecting the water. Also, it can allow faster heating for your hot tub to ensure that you get more time to relax in your pool.
It is also one of the lightest tub covers on the market today, making it easier to transport from one place to the other.
- Able to provide warm water.
- Easy to store and carry.
- Comes with a long-term warranty.
- Takes time to alive after ordering.
6. Replacement Spa Cover
Spacoverz Replacement Spa Cover is custom made and fits hot tub of 91 x 91 inches. This cover is made to allow raised waterfall and variable length skirts (longer in the back and shorter in front).
The cover has 4 straps with kid safety locks that ensure your kids stay out of the tub if you are away. It also has 2 handles that make it easier to remove and install.
With center channeling, the cover doesn’t sag when covering your hot tub and has steam stoppers that prevent steam from running out of the tub. You will also be excited to learn that the cover is made of quality material.
- Comes with handles.
- Has a child lock feature.
- Doesn’t sag.
- For irregular hot tubs.
7. Hinspergers PROSC100100 Protecta Spa Cover
If you want a hot tub cover for cold climates, then you should try the Hinspergers PROSC100100. This is a model that measures 100 x 100 inches, making it one of the largest covers on the market today.
It can protect your hot tub, spa, woodwork, and cabinet from the harmful effects of weather. Thus, you can rest assured that your tub is protected from cracking, staining, tearing, and fading.
It features a 38 inches skirt length as well as easy to access panel flap. Also, it boasts of Velcro adjustments closures that prevent snug and provide the perfect fit. Besides, it is a lightweight cover that you can carry with ease.
- A large cover.
- Protects your tub from the weather.
- Easy to adjust.
- Seems are not well stitched.
8. Pool Spa Part Spa Cover Cap and Hot Sun Shield
This model is made of double UV resistant material that makes it a great cover for use under the sun. It is also waterproof to prevent ice and rain from seeping into your hot tub during the cold and rainy days.
The brand can customize your hot tub cover to ensure that you get a product that fits your tub. You only need to contact the team to order your customized cover.
Another thing, the cover is made of high-quality material that allows it to last for decades. The material also makes it a good insulating cover that will trap in the heat while preventing debris and dirt from entering your tub.
- Customization in one day.
- Great for cold and hot climates.
- Lasts for long.
- Last for just a few years.
9. Covermates Square Hot Tub Cover
This is one of the leading hot tubs covers out there today and comes with a 3 years warranty that covers all defects. It is designed to fit 92 x 92 x 14 inches hot tubs, and its actual size is 93 x 93 x 14 inches.
In terms of material, it is made of 300D stock-dyed polyester that lasts for years. Another notable feature of the cover is the adjustable drawcord that allows you to tighten the cover around your hot tub.
It also has an elastic hem that prevents it from snagging.
- Has a 3 years warranty.
- It is made of quality material.
- Doesn’t snug.
- Not waterproof.
10. BeyondNice Round Hot Tub Covers
Feel confident with the BeyondNice cover that comes with a 4 inches thickness and is price friendly. With this cover, you can rest assured of getting the maximum insulation and enjoy the warm hot tub you have always wanted.
It is also a secure model that can be carried in a small parcel to offer convenience when storing. Another feature is the sloping top that allows the rain to run off and prevent dirt from settling on the cover.
- Suits your need perfectly.
- Offers maximum insulation.
- Prevent rainwater from settling on top.
- Vulnerable to puncture.
Hot Tub Covers FAQs
Here are a few questions and answers about hot tub covers.
Q: How can I measure a hot tub cover?
A: There are three things that you should measure to get the accurate measurements of your hot tub covers. The first measure, the spa cover dimensions from the fold and then measure the outside of the cover. Next measure the cover corner radius. Lastly, measure the strap length and the skirt.
Q: How do I clean my hot tub cover?
A: You should clean your hot tub cover regularly by following the following steps:
- Remove the cover – Remove the cover and place it against something stable or wall.
- Scrub – Start in the top corner moving toward the bottom. Scrub gently.
- Rinse and repeat – Rinse all the side completely to remove the soap.
- Check vapor barriers – Ensure it is functioning.
Q: How do I install my hot tub cover lift?
A: Follow these steps when installing your cover lift.
- Position the cover lift carefully on your hot tub.
- Place the extension arm horizontally and loosen the lock knob.
- Remove the screws and nuts from the arm using a screwdriver.
- Align the arm amidst the flaps.
- Align the hole of the arm and then insert the nut and screw then into the tightness.
- Align the cover.
- Put the handlebar into the molded saddle.
- Fix the handlebar.
- Join the torsion bar and the handlebar.
- Make the final touches.
Q: How to protect hot tub cover from the sun?
A: Here is how you can protect your cover from the harmful sun rays.
- Remove it from your hot tub and lay it on a flat surface.
- Clean the cover to remove any dirt using distilled white vinegar or even bleach.
- Apply a vinyl protectant (you can also us a conditioner) to provide your tub cover with extra protection from UV rays.
Q: How to open hot tub cover?
A: Follow these steps when opening your hot tub cover:
- Remove the air pillow and deflate it.
- Next, remove the thermal cover.
- Then clean the filter and the shell.
- Wax your hot tub
Q: What are the benefits of hot tub covers?
A: A hot tub cover plays an important role when on your hot tub. Some of its main benefits include preventing debris and dirt from entering your pool and keeping the water warm. These covers can also prevent your kids from accessing the hot tub when you are away – safety measures.
We have looked at the best tub covers that will protect your hot tub from harsh weather and other materials like debris and dirt. You can choose one of the models we have looked above, and you will have a long lasting model that will offer you years of service.